Address: 3234 W. Washington Blvd. Year Built:
George W. Maher
Date Designated a Chicago Landmark:
February 10, 1988
Designed by one of the most inventive early 20th-century architects, this house is an amalgamation of the Sullivanesque, Colonial Revival, and Prairie styles. It was originally commissioned by wealthy businessman Patrick J. King, but its most well-known occupant was the influential Irish-Catholic politician Patrick A. Nash, who lived here from 1925 to 1943, when Washington Boulevard was one of the city's most-fashionable addresses.