Address: 3325 N. Lincoln Ave. Year Built:
William Gibbons Uffendell
Date Designated a Chicago Landmark:
October 8, 2008
Rising from a slender triangular lot, this bank building has a tall and sleek flatiron-shape with a dramatic rounded corner at its prow. An arcade of two-story round-arched windows flanked by large pilasters with Ionic capitals extends across both street-facing elevations of the building. The original main entrance, located at the highly visible corner of the building, is topped with a prominent bracketed cornice. The building is associated with Avery Brundage, whose contracting company built the bank and who also sat on the bank's board of directors. Brundage competed in the 1912 Summer Olympics in Stockholm and later served as the longtime president of the International Olympic Committee.