Address: 503 W. Wrightwood Ave. Year Built:
Cudell and Hercz
Date Designated a Chicago Landmark:
June 12, 1974
The exuberant German baroque detailing reflects the European background of the original owner, brewer Francis J. Dewes, and his architects. The house is a monument to old-world splendor, an example of the eclectic styles of architecture popular in Chicago after the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893.