Address: 1600-1800 blocks of Griffin Place (formerly West 104th Place) Year Built:
Architect: Various Date Designated a Chicago Landmark:
November 13, 1981
The largest concentration of small-scale, Prairie-style houses in Chicago. Seven of these residences were designed by Walter Burley Griffin, an architect who began his career with Frank Lloyd Wright. An eighth Prairie-style house was designed by Spencer and Powers. So-called "builders' houses," which were constructed by contractors from plans popularized in building magazines of the same period, complete the street.